Thursday, March 10, 2011

Speaking at Corning

In just two weeks I will be giving a talk at the Corning Museum of Glass, the birthplace of Palomar's 200-inch mirror.

I am looking forward to having the opportunity to see their new Mirror to Discovery exhibit and to visit again with the first, failed disc that was cast for Palomar.


The talk will not be on the history of the creation of the glass giant, nor on the construction of the 200-inch telescope or the 1000-ton dome that houses it. Instead, the talk will focus on what the astronomers at Palomar have done and are doing with the giant telescope that was made possible by Corning Glass Works.

I am told that the talk will also be available on line. I will post details of how to catch it as soon as they come in.

1 comment:

jay said...

Sounds like a great trip! I hope to make it to Corning some day. Thanks for sharing.